Guacamole is a staple at Sunscape Resorts & Spas. Guests often enjoy this yummy snack by the pool, on the beach or before lunch or dinner at one of our restaurants. It’s so simple to make, yet so delicious. Try making it at home with the below recipe and you’ll feel like you’re dining with us in Mexico!
- 3 avocados – peeled, pitted, and mashed
- 3 tomatillos, husked and chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 3 roma (plum) tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
In a medium bowl, mix avocados, tomatillos, red onion, roma tomatoes, and lime juice. Season with red pepper flakes, hot pepper sauce, and salt and pepper. Cover, and refrigerate at least 45 minutes before serving. Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!